Step-By-Step Process SOLAR INSTALLATION FAQ'S
Every generation project uses a similar step-by-step process. Here are the primary steps:
- Checkout Solar 101
- Find a Vendor
- Apply to connect to Rock Energy's Electrical System
- Install generation & receive approval from Rock Energy to operate.
- Enjoy the benefits of your new generation system.
Working with a Vendor: If you have additional questions, a certified solar contractor can provide guidance and an evaluation of the generation potential for your property.
Consumption History Request: To request your consumption history, please fill out and submit the CONSUMPTION REQUEST FORM
Connecting to Rock Energy Electrical System
Please contact us with any questions you may have about larger capacity (non-residential) projects at DG@Rock.coop, or 866-752-4550.
CO-OP RATE ADJUSTMENTS
Rate modifications and adjustments are being made in the following areas:
- Coincidental Peak billed rates will see an increase in demand costs beginning January 1, 2023.
- Net Metering (Solar/Wind Generation - rate 900): this rate will end as of 12/31/22 (existing members grandfathered until August 31, 2027).
- Schedule A (Standard Residential Service - rate 100/101): if members using this rate exceed 20kW, they will be switched to the co-op’s Peak Saver rate.